Translate

Monday 30 October 2017

A Brand New Start

Hi Everyone,
Well after ages away from miniatures and blogging I’m finally back!
As some of you are aware sadly, I lost my gorgeous husband to Cancer, it’s been two years now..
About eighteen months ago deciding I needed a project to help me overcome the terrible grief which I was experiencing, in what some would describe as a “moment of madness’ I purchased a 120 year old stone cottage in country Victoria, I believed a new start was what was needed and the renovation of this lovely old house has certainly kept me busy..
The house was in almost original condition and has taken 12 months of constant work to restore to its former glory. During the restoration I have had to put my minis on hold however my new home is now nearing completion and I’m ready to return to miniatures, I have really missed my minis and can’t wait to get started again, today I started to carefully unpack all my little treasures, refurnishing my houses in miniature should be much easier than life size lol!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved husband to cancer. I lost 2 dear brothers in 2 years from the disease and so I understand your grief.
    The cottage restoration sounds like a very therapeutic way to regain your equilibrium and the photo of your hallway is peaceful and serene.
    Welcome back to Blogland and to the world of miniatures.
    It's very therapeutic too!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Deb,
    Welcome back. You have been through such a difficult period. I wish you all the best for your new beginning.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks beautiful, and I can imagine it was a massive undertaking. I hope you are feeling a little better now, and that we get to see some new beautiful minis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to welcome you back to your miniature world. I had only begun to follow your mini blogs before your sad loss, but I admire what I've seen of your beautiful work with miniatures. Your new "real" home project sounds wonderful, and I hope that you'll post more photos of that renovation along with the posts of your miniatures.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete