Translate

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Kensington Dolls House Festival

Hi  Everyone,
I have just returned from a two week trip to London England where I attended my very first but definitely not my last Kensington Fair.
All I can say is WOW! I had so much fun, for five hours I shopped, chatted with wonderful artists and generally had a ball!
I have returned with a cache of wonderful miniatures made by artisans from all over the world.
If you are ever given the opportunity this show should be on your "bucket list"!
I then spent two weeks touring England, Scotland and Wales I had a fabulous time and have arrived home with lots of new ideas for Miniatures, especially houses, I'm thinking of making a "Thatched Cottage"
Should be interesting.lol!

On a more serious note I am considering moving my shop to a new location in  'Beechworth'.
Beechworth is a tourist destination in North East Victoria. It was a gold mining town in the 1800s and is full of wonderful history and sites.
I have recently purchased a stone cottage there which I intend to renovate and use as self contained B&B accomodation. Beechworth is around fourty minutes drive from Albury.
The shop I am looking at is better suited to my requirements it is a Victorian (1880's) shop front and is really cosy with a great space for my workshops.
I'll keep you posted.
Till next time happy Miniaturing..
Deb x

3 comments:

  1. Hello Deb,
    I am glad you had a good time. I look forward to hearing about the new cottage.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb. How fantastic that you got to go to Kensington. I hope you show some photos of any goodies you picked up. And Beechworth would be a great location for your shop. It's been many years since I've been there, but such a pretty town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, visiting Kensington would be a dream come true for me, but I am very excited for you and your experience. It must have been like miniatures over-load? But what could be better than THAT! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete